Monday, September 21, 2009

My version of Tollhouse Pie

Yesterday we were going to have dinner with my family then get some pictures taken. I decided that I wanted to take something and this pie looked pretty easy. I got the recipe over at Heather Drive. After I had started making it, I realized I didn't have any chocolate chips. So, rather than going to the store, I improvized and used 2 cubes out of a chocolate block I had. Then, I thought well maybe it'll be good with peanut butter so I put in 2 spoons of creamy p.b. Overall, I thought it tasted really good & I got good feedback from my family...however, it's more of a brownie in a pie crust rather than a pie.




Toll House Pie
Source: (Heather Drive...her source All Recipes.com)

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used 2 cubes from a chocolate bark block)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie (you can use any crust you like, or even a store-bought one, like a graham cracker or chocolate crust)
(I also put 2 spoons of peanut butter in mine)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the flour, white sugar and brown sugar; beat until well blended. Blend in the melted butter.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into one unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...