Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Mash vegetables with potato masher to desired consistency. (We omitted this step)
Stir in Velveeta; cook 5 min. or until cheese is melted and soup is heated through, stirring frequently.
*We didn't put the cheese in the actual soup ever, we just added to our individual bowls. Overall, it was really good...even though we changed the recipe a bit.*
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
2. Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package; spoon onto platter. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken and vegetables from skillet; place over rice. Cover to keep warm.
3. Add Neufchatel and remaining broth to skillet; cook on high heat until Neufchatel is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 to 5 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken and vegetables; top with parsley
Monday, September 21, 2009
Toll House Pie
Source: (Heather Drive...her source All Recipes.com)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used 2 cubes from a chocolate bark block)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie (you can use any crust you like, or even a store-bought one, like a graham cracker or chocolate crust)
(I also put 2 spoons of peanut butter in mine)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the flour, white sugar and brown sugar; beat until well blended. Blend in the melted butter.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into one unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Friday, September 18, 2009
After being baked & cooling
Chocolate Cake Cookie Sandwiches
Source: Heather Drive
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 tsp milk
1. To make cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, & butter. Beat on low speed until just combined & all ingredients have been incorporated.
3. Roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls, place on the prepared baking sheets & press down to slightly flatten. (I did not do this, I just used my cookie scoop & tried to get as many equal sizes as possible.)
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheets.
5. To make the frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the powdered sugar, & beat until incorporated. Add vanilla extract & beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. Add 2 tablespoons of milk & beat on medium-high speed until smooth. If the frosting is too thick, add the remaining tablespoon of milk & beat until incorporated. (I do not have a stand mixer so I just mixed mine together with a spoon...maybe that's why it didn't come out right.)
6. To assemble, pair the cookies based on size on a work surface. Frost the flat side of one cookie from each pair. Place the other cookie of each pair on top of the frosting, flat side down. Lightly press down so that the frosting reaches the edges of the cookies.
7. To decorate, place sprinkles in a small bowl. Dip the sides of each cookie in the sprinkles, pressing down gently & rotating to cover the sides completely.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I know it doesn't look the greatest but believe me, it's delicious!! The recipe suggest serving with crackers or celery but we just used tortilla chips we had & they worked great.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
(2) 10 oz. cans of chicken, drained
(2) 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo sauce (or whatever kind you prefer)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 bunch celery, cleaned & cut into 4 inch pcs.
1 box of chicken-flavored crackers
Heat chicken & hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese & ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended & warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, & transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, & cook on Low setting until hot & bubbly. Serve with celery sticks & crackers.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
I decided I haven't really been accomplishing much in my life so I thought this was a great opportunity for me to focus on different things and get them done. I think alot of them will fun to do too!
Start date: September 14, 2009
End date: June 11, 2012
Marriage & Family
1. "Date night" with Brandon once per month (9/34)
2. Surprise my husband with a gift just because (1/34)
6. Go to Brandon's family graves once per month (1/34)
7. Take food to every family dinner in one year (1/2)
Mind, Body, & Soul
9. Lose 25 lbs.
11. Walk every night for a week
12. Turn walk into run (0/710)
16. Do 30 Day Shred workout every night for a week (0/142)
17. Read one book per month (9/34)
18. Read scripture in The Bible every night before bed (0/1001)
19. Start attending Church every Sunday (0/142)
20. Get my first massage
21. Go to eye doctor, get new glasses
23. Eat breakfast every day for a month (0/30)
24. Do 50 crunches every night before going to bed (0/1001)
Home is Where the Heart is
25. Buy our own house
All Work, No Play
30. Take a photography class
32. Purchase and learn photoshop
33. Book my first "stranger" photo shoot
34. Start a photography "side business"
Hit The Open Road
35. Go camping
36. Take a group trip
37. Go to a state park and have a picnic
38. Go to Colorado
39. Go to Las Vegas
40. Visit 5 different states (1/5)
I Love Food
41. Try at least 2 new recipes per month (30/68)
43. Learn how to make bisquits and gravy from scratch
44. Make homemade salsa
45. Bake goodies at Christmas (1/3)
46. Eat at a new restaurant 1 time per month (11/34)
47. Bake a pie
Friends are Forever
49. Have a girls night/day once per month (3/34)
50. Visit Kyla every 6 months (0/5)
51. Catch up with an old friend
52. Host a purse party
53. Send Birthday cards to my friends/family in 2010
54. Send Christmas cards to my friends/family in one year (2/3)
55. Put $10 per week in savings (0/142)
56. Make supper with stuff we already have rather than going to store for 1 week (1/142)
57. Do not go out to restaurant to eat for 1 week (1/142)
59. Pay off personal loans (2/3)
61. Buy a new computer
63. Buy new furniture for living room
Pay It Forward
65. Clean out closet every 6 months and take to Repeat Boutique (4/5)
66. Donate food @ Thanksgiving (0/3)
67. Buy gifts for 2 kids off of Christmas Angel Tree (1/3)
Just For Fun
68. Go skiing
69. Take Brandon on a plane
70. Go to a concert
71. Visit a Zoo
72. Visit a Museum
73. Go on a wine tour
74. Visit an amusement park
75. Take pics in a photo booth
76. Visit the Arch
77. Gamble on a casino
78. Dress up for Halloween (0/3)
79. Get my ears double pierced
80. Go skinny dipping
84. Clean out my car once per week (2/142)
85. Go to Terre Haute and buy fireworks for 4th of July (0/2)
87. Try 1 new wine per month (2/34)
Hobbies & Skills
90. Go horseback riding 5 times per year (2/15)
92. Shoot and kill my first deer
93. Make my own cookbook
94. Grow a garden
Capture the Memories
95. Print wedding photos
97. Make wedding album for my parents
98. Make wedding album for Brandon's parents
99. Get our pictures taken every 6 months (2/5)
100. Get each sides "Big family" picture taken (1/2)
101 in 1001
102. Donate $5 to charity for each item not complete on this list.
103. Make a new 101 things to do in 1001 days list once this is complete.
So...a little about me. My name is Crystal, I just turned 24 in August. I just recently got married on August 15th to my wonderful husband Brandon. We currently are renting a house but hope to soon buy our own....or maybe even build, that's my dream!! We have 2 yorkies...Willow & Marly, I'm sure you'll see them plenty on here! We don't have any kiddos yet but eventually I'd love to have 4!!
That's me in a nutshell I guess....be sure to keep checking back with me for new posts in my Path Thru Life!