Monday, April 18, 2011

Doc appt

Lily had her 6 month doctor appt and shots Friday (even though she's almost 7 mths.) She had been sleeping and hadn't had a very good nap before we got there so she was grouchy the whole time. Plus, Brandon wasn't with me so it made it even worse. She weighed 15 lbs 12 oz and was 26" long so she's a little small for her age but I really think she'll always be a petite little thing.

While we were waiting for the doctor to come in the room I had her sitting on the table and she was so tired and cranky she was continuously putting her arms out for me and not happy unless I was holdig her. It broke my heart but that's the first time she's ever held out her arms for me that much. When the doctor came in she immediately started crying so I knew this wasn't going to be a great visit. He said she looked good and since she's been doing good on baby food we can start her on solids, meaning "our" food as long as it's mashed good. I immediately was in shock...can my baby girl be ready for adult food already?

I had to ask him about a rash that's on the back her neck she's been scratching at but he said it was just a heat rash, nothing to be concerned about. She's also sitting up the way she should be and also putting weight on her legs, which she's always done. Sometimes I think she'll be walking before she's crawling.

After the doctor checked her all over it was time for shots. The nurses came in and I set her down the the table one last time and dreaded what was to come. I think Lily knew what was happening because she immediately started crying. She had to get 3 shots and an oral solution but thankfully they did them fast because as soon as they stuck her she started really crying...like couldn't get her breathe crying and that's the worst. I picked her up as soon as they were done but she didn't calm down a whole lot. I quickly got her dressed and put her in her car seat so we could go and she finally stopped. It wasn't long after we pulled out of the drive and she fell asleep.

I hate seeing my daughter so upset, it's heart breaking. We get to wait until she's a year now before shots again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...