Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Devastated!!

Today is a very sad day. My precious yorkie, Willow passed away last night. She had gotten into some rat poison in our laundry room last week and we thought she'd be fine because she wasn't showing any signs of sickness, until yesterday. I got up to let her and Marly out and there she was, laying on a towel soaked in blood. I immediately called Brandon and told him and he said he'd check her out when he got home. I couldn't even go back in to check on her all day because I was so afraid I would see her and she would be gone. Finally around 2:00 I decided to open the door to the laundry room and let the dogs go outside. Willow came out but not very well. She only got a few feet into the kitchen and collapsed. I decided to get her back into the laundry room and just let her lay down.

When Brandon got home he checked her out and said nothing in her felt broken and it was probably the poison taking control of her. At that point I knew she wasn't going to make it and broke down in tears. He moved her outside to the pen and gave her some water and food and she took a little but was still not active at all. We left to go work at the new house and do laundry and about 7:00 a storm was brewing.

We came back home to put Willow inside and get a few things before heading back to the new house. It has a basement so we knew we'd be safe there. When I walked outside I saw Brandon didn't have Willow in his arms. She had passed sometime when we were gone. Somehow I knew it was going to happen, I just didn't want to believe it. I cried on the way back to town and have been all day today.

We had only had her a few years but she was my baby, besides Lily of course. I loved her so much and don't even want to believe she's gone....
RIP My Precious Willow


1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. It is very tough losing a furbaby. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...