Monday, May 17, 2010

Meet me at the Drive In

Friday night I told Brandon I wanted to have "date night." We decided we would go to a new restaurant in a nearby town that we had heard good reviews on...Puerto Vallarta. If you can't tell by the name, it's Mexican. Then, I told him I wanted to go to the drive in just up the road.

We started the night at the restaurant. I ordered a chicken burrito w/ cheese and a side of rice, Brandon ordered a steak fajita taco salad (like always). Everything was so good and it reminded me a lot like El Rancherito. We will definitely be going back!!

After we ate we had to time to spare before the movie started. The state park where we got married is just a couple miles from the drive in (and actually on the way) so we took a drive thru the park and checked out the spot we were married. Oh how I love being reminded of that day! We spent about 15-20 min in the park (yes it's that big). I could really get lost driving thru there.

It was then time to head to the drive in. We arrived about 20 min. before the movie was to start so we had our pick of where to park. We always take the truck and since it's pretty big, we get a spot in the back. After a while of listening to the radio and watching other people there, it finally got dark and the movie was starting.

The first movie was "Date Night" with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. This actually wasn't as funny as I thought it would be but had a cute message. I'd watch it again but wouldn't go out and buy it tomorrow. The movie got over around 10:00 and after a 15 min. intermission and us getting a hot dog and the nastiest pretzel I've ever tasted the second movie was starting. This one was "Bounty Hunter." We had been wanting to see this for a while and I have to say we were a little disappointed. It wasn't as good as we thought it would be. Not one I'd want to buy either.


The movie finally got over around midnight so it was time to head home by then, plus I was getting pretty tired at that point. Our date night was over but I had such a good time with my husband and can't wait to do it again. I love nights when it's just us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...