Monday, December 6, 2010

2 Month checkup

Technically Lily is on her way to 3 months right now but Friday we had her "2 month" checkup. I was anxious to see how much she had grown but I was not looking forward to her having her shots. I hate shots myself so I knew this poor little girl wasn't going to like them.

We got called back and immediately undressed her and got her weighed and measured. She is 10 lbs 4 oz and 22" long now!! My baby is growing so fast! :) The doctor then came in and checked her all over and told us she looks great and we are doing a good job with her. Oh how good that makes us feel when we're told that. She had woke up with a runny nose and sneezing Friday so he told me to put some saline drops in her nose and suck it out and thankfully that has helped and she's back to her healthy self again.

When the doctor was done, it was time for the dreaded shots. Two nurses came in and got the needles ready while I held Lily's arms back. She was getting 3 shots and an oral solution to help prevent diarrhea. They both did the first 2 shots at the same time and immediately Lily started crying. I felt so bad for her! One of the nurses did the third shot and it was finally over. I picked her up and calmed her down enough to feed her. She wasn't too bad after that and slept the whole way home and some in the evening. Of course that night she was pretty fussy and had a fever but the nurse said it was normal for that to happen.

We go in Februrary for her 4 month checkup and we'll do the same thing then. Oh how I'm dreading that day already....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...